Office of Health Services
Employee Wellness Program
The Employee Wellness Program works to provide a variety of programs and services that address each of the five components of employee wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, and spiritual.
Additionally, we work to:
- Collaborate with others to cultivate a healthy, safe,
and supportive environment
- Assist individuals and sites in meeting their diverse
- Assist in the implementation of federal, state, and
local health-related guidelines, objectives, and regulations
Vaccinations for Adults
The following programs and services are available to employees
throughout the year:
- Wellness Challenges - In an effort to encourage healthy habits and behaviors, a monthly wellness challenge is offered to all employees. The challenges are available the 1st of each month. Each challenge has specific instructions and goals. Employees meeting the challenge will be entered into a random drawing for fun and health-related prizes.
- GlobalFit -
Through GlobalFit, all BCPS and their families have access to:
- Broad selection of fitness clubs at the lowest available rates
- Special low pricing on NutriSystem®, a proven, effective weight-loss plan.
- Exclusive low prices on home exercise equipment and videos.
- Great prices on highly-effective behavior management programs such as smoking cessation, weight loss, stress reduction, prenatal care.
- For more information go to www.globalfit.com/bcps
- CPR Training - Classes
at the worksite. Minimum of 8 people. $30/person.
- Smoking Cessation
- Fitness Center Discounts -
Discounted membership fees and special offers to local
fitness clubs available to BCPS employees.
- Community Walks/Runs/Wellness Events – Community events held in or around Baltimore County that raise awareness of and support local charities. Most of these events promote physical activity and social wellness.
- Weight Watchers at Work - Discounted membership fees and the convenience of meetings at your worksite.
The followings programs and services are offered annually:
- Thrive Across America – an 8-week online, individual or team physical activity program.
- 10,000 Steps Toward Wellness – an 8-week
individual program that encourages people to increase their
steps to 10,000 a day. This program is pedometer
based and begins in September.
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Program - Free flu shot offered every fall on a first-come, first-served basis for full and part-time permanent employees, and BCPS retirees
- Active for a Healthier
Life – a program
designed to promote health awareness and physical fitness.
- Healthiest Loser – a weight loss program designed for your school or office.
For "staff only" materials please visit our intranet