Office of Personnel
The Office of Personnel, is part of the Department of Human Resources, and is responsible for recruiting and hiring the highest quality instructional, administrative, and classified employees, and providing a broad spectrum of support services for prospective and current employees. The Office of Personnel also supports the goals of the Blueprint for Progress, Master Plan, and Bridge to Excellence (BTE) with regard to hiring “highly qualified” teachers and paraeducators.
Additionally, the Office of Personnel:
- Recruits, hires, and maintains all personnel-related activities for instructional, administrative, and classified positions.
- Coordinates, along with the Office of Investigations and Records Management, the processes required for fingerprinting and required background investigations for all candidates.
- Prepares the staffing calendar.
- Plans and implements transfer and job fairs.
- Designs and implements the new employees’ orientation and benefits meeting.
- Collaborates with the Office of Professional Development for training and support on current issues for educators and support services employees.
- Provides orientation, initiatives, support, and consultation to new applicants for administrative positions.
- Places student teacher interns.
- Develops the Recruiting Schedule.
- Networks with local colleges and universities to develop alternative preparation programs such as Great Beginnings and Maryland Approved Alternative Preparation Programs (MAAPP).
- Assists professional staff to achieve and maintain their Maryland certificates.
- Assists classified staff to achieve and maintain appropriate certifications and licenses.
- Provides professional growth advisors and liaisons to the Maryland State Department of Education.
The Office of Personnel’s website provides you with:
6901 Charles Street, Building E
Towson, MD 21204
Employees may visit our intranet for additional information