Planning the Presentation
- Rubric for Goal Setting Evaluation - Great tool to use at the onset of planning.
- Determining the Form of Representation ... SBC/UCLA Initiative for the 21st Century
- Thinking About A Topic: Writing for a Purpose - tutorial about the purposes for writing with great examples.
- Project-Based Learning Checklists ... Checklists for all levels in writing, science, oral presentations, and multimedia. Create your own for a selection of criteria.
- Choosing Your Presentation Type - Planning worksheet to assist with deciding on a presentation format.
- Preparing an Oral Presentation ... Suggestions and strategies for scientific and academic settings
- Visual Study Strategies ... from VARK, a guide for learning styles
- Aural Study Strategies ... from VARK, a guide for learning styles
- Read/Write Study Strategies .. from VARK, a guide for learning styles
- Kinesthetic Study Strategies ... from VARK, a guide for learning styles
- Multimedia Study Strategies ... from VARK, a guide for learning styles
- Creating and Using Presentation Note Cards (Learning Object © 2002 Wisc-Online) Speakers learn how to create and use presentation note cards that include delivery cues and reminders.
- Avoiding Design Mistakes When Creating Visuals (Learning Object © 2002 Wisc-Online) Learners read about design errors and what to do to avoid them. Students create a visual following the rules of good design.
- The Question and Answer Period (Learning Object © 2001 Wisc-Online) A "discussion" of the Q & A period when a speech is presented. The student learns the guidelines for an effective Q & A period.
- TrackStar is your starting point for online lessons...or presentations. Simply collect Web sites, enter them into TrackStar, add annotations, and you have an interactive, presentation called a Track.
- Listening Skills - A checklist to give to students to activate understanding of good listening habits.
Tips and Tutorials
- Making a Brochure with Microsoft Publisher ... from Bellingham Washington Schools
- is an instructional web site that gives teachers and students the tools necessary to implement video production in the classroom. You can have your video class projects displayed on this site, too. Get your movie ready to premier!
- Technology Prerequisite Tutorials ... Short, animated tutorials on technology-related knowledge and skills that are considered prerequisite to successful classroom use. Over 150 currently available, and more added each week. Check out tutorial on concept mapping, searching, creating websites, and much more!
- PhotoDraw Tutorial ... from Gateway
- PowerPoint Tutorial .. from Florida Gulf Coast University
Tips and Tutorials (continued)
Tutorials and Tips for Web 2.0 Tools
Blogs and RSS
- What Is a Blog .... a short introduction defining a blog from Atomic Learning.
- What Is RSS? ... a flash film explaining how RSS works.
Presenting the Product
Assessing the Product
- RubiStar ... Create your own assessments in minutes
- BCPS - created assessments...for elementary and secondary featuring oral, written, visual, and community service products - Word format for easy customization.
- Authentic Assessment Tools ... how-to hypertext on creating authentic tasks, rubrics and standards for measuring and improving student learning