Do a keyword search in one of these BCPS Databases* to locate articles, websites, or media about your topic:
*Special usernames and passwords are required for home access to the databases; see your library media specialist for a handout.
Do a keyword search for additional websites about your topic in
Destiny Webpath Express or net Trekker:
- Use the database's Help Menu, Search Tips, or Navigation Guide for help.
- Note the reading levels of articles in your database search results.
- Use the database's embedded dictionary feature to define unfamiliar words you encounter in the articles.
- Listen to the Read-Aloud audio/MP3 version of the article as you read.
- Cite your source using the correct format for an article from an online database; the original source of the article may be an encyclopedia, magazine, newspaper, etc.
Locating Images and Media:
- In SIRS Discoverer, do a keyword search and click on the Pictures tab
- In SIRS, do a keyword search and then click Graphics/Media on the Narrow Your Results sidebar.
- In netTrekker, click on Image Search on the right sidebar under Features.
|Print Resources, People, and Places
- Do a keyword search in your school's
Destiny Library Catalog to find nonfiction
and reference books about your topic.
Baltimore County Public Library:
- Do a keyword search in the BCPL Catalog
to locate additional resources.
Virtual Reference Service:
- Chat online with a real live librarian at Ask Us Now! Be sure to have your research questions handy.
Reginald F. Lewis Museum
of Maryland African American History and Culture:
Using Print Resources:
- Use the index or table of contents in nonfiction and reference books to locate information related to your topic and questions.
- Check the indexes of general encyclopedias for articles about your topic.